Sunday, April 18, 2010

La vida, la chacra

I really live the life of a farm laborer these days. It´s my last stop before I finally (FINALLY) return home. It´s rugged living, no hot water for example and sometimes no water at all, but its a beauty of a farm. I made friends with the dog Drago; he eats bees.
I harvest apples, membrillos (pronounced mem-bree-yos), lavender, grapes, almends, walnuts, and figs.


I wish you could smell this lavender through the computer. It smells like bliss.

This is my friend Paula who comes to visit and work on the farm sometimes. We sell our products at the organic market in Santiago every Saturday. Everyone thinks I´m from France. Not sure where I picked up that accent...


(My friend Drago in the background chasing those bees.)


I have more to post but my camera ran out of battery. We live far away from internet but I promise to try to post more soon. I snuck out this morning on an old rusty shimano mountain bike. Its an incredible feeling winding through the mountains on a chilean fm road. Makes me miss the Austin bike culture. And, as always, I miss all yall back home.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're South American adventure is almost over! It seems like you just left. Thanks so much for keeping us posted with pictures and stories. If you're not too adventured out, you're more than welcome to come spend a weekend on the Outer Banks when you get back to the states.

    ReplyDelete