Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Last days in Buenos Aires

So Andrea and I are finally moving on from la Capital Federal. It´s been a fantastic adventure and especially enjoyable having visitors stay with us. I don´t think I will loose my way in this city if I ever have the chance to return; surely by now we can be considered honorary Porteñas. We´ve cheered at soccer matches, know the markets of Recoleta and San Telmo backwards and forwards, devoured more than our fair share of chocolate mousse torte, mastered the bus system, found our favorite bars, danced the drum circles to shame, and acquired decent enough porteño accents. Time to try something new? Yes.
Now we are off to explore wine country (Mendoza), the glaciers (Calafate and Ushuaia), and the lake district (Bariloche) before crossing into Chile to begin farming again... yeah remember that´s why we set off on this adventure to begin with? I hardly do at this point.

Also, just fyi, I have updated 3 new posts including new photos of Iguazu Falls. You should check all of them out. It´s been quite a trip.

Some freaky kind of creature we found in the park. I thought it was cool.
Delicious provoleta cheese at Restaurante Norte.
A pretty good steak in Buenos Aires, also at Restaurante Norte. My favorite was actually from this rinky-dink, no-name, hole-in-the-wall place, though. (Thanks to Tio Coco for that lunch!)
Argentino Juniors stadium in Paternal where we lived with Tio Coco. This was where we watched Argentino Juniors kick Hucucan´s sorry butts. 5-1 Eat your hearts out Hurucan!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Those are awesome pictures! What a wonderful adventure you're having. Enjoy your last few days in Argentina! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete