Sunday, January 3, 2010

In and around Buenos Aires, or Somethings Silly

Just some funny happenings in and around BA these days. Liza leaves Tuesday and then Andrea and I head north to Iguazu Falls and Cordoba for a few weeks.


She says "sí!"

I threw this photo in with the rest for this blog post just because it amuses me. Liza and I finally found a burger joint near the apartment. I had been craving a hamburger for the past 3 months. We had no trouble finishing our dinner quite obviously.
Various ketchup packets were, however, harmed in the making of this feast. I think 27 casualties in total. But it was delish!

This flower is actually a practical (well more or less practical) art installation. The petals open and close with the sunlight, so sort of like a funky sundile you could say.

Family friends took us out and around BA New Years day. This is a pedestrian bridge in Puerto Madero. I think it´s called Puente de Mujer. Every street in this district is named after a famous Argentinian woman.

Fanciest Stella Artois I´ve ever ordered. This restuarant is called Palacio de las Papas, or Potato Palace, just fyi.

These flowers are everywhere! I also recently learned that they aquire their color depending on the acidity of the soil.


A fair we passed in the riverboat ride while visiting El Tigre just outside of BA.


Cuartitos Pizzaria, aka best pizza in Buenos Aires. We devoured the fugazetta (cheese and onion pizza, a staple here in BA) and most of the Atomic. We learned it ain´t called Atomic for no reason. Definitely the spiciest pizza I´ve ever eaten. Next time we´re sticking with the Napolitana.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca, This a is overview of the city, I've first heard this city while a was checking an Buenos Aires travel guide that I found on a blogs friend.

    ReplyDelete